The die-head is connected to the extruder by an adapter and conveys the plastic material to the die-set.
Depending on the type of pipe and application, they can be divided in:
- die-head for single-wall pipes
- die-head for double-wall pipes
- die-head for multi-layer pipes
- cross die-head for pipe coating
- cross-head for cables and pipe in-line insertion.
They are in nickel coated steel for PE, PP, PA and in chrome coated steel for PVC.
In case double-wall or multi-layer pipes one adapter for each wall/layer is necessary.
They can be connected to small co-extruders for identification lines or thin layer coating as well.
Different sizes of die-head are used depending on the pipe range.
They are supplied complete of ceramic heating-bands
The die-set is connected to the die-head and its size and shape depends on the pipe size and application.
In general, one die-set for each pipe diameter is necessary.
In case of medium-big sizes and close pipe dimensions, it is possible to change the tips of the die-set only (terminal dies), to reduce the changeover time.
Same as for the die-head, there are:
- die-set for single-wall pipes
- die-set for double-wall pipes
- die-set for oval single/double-wall pipes.
In case of double-wall, a cooling mandrel for the inner layer completes the die-set.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT US.